It's been just 2 weeks back to my "normal routine" and I've already forgotten.
Like a theif in the daylight, the busyness of life stole my promise right out from under me. I look around and realize that gone is my decision to live intentionally, with my eyes open and searching for the everyday gifts, writing then down, and speaking of them- to live a habit of grace - filled thankfulness.
Dang.
Going back to a busy job after 2 months of healing, had me done by 3pm, but adding the daily responsibilities of wife-dom and house - running, had me crashed on the couch by 8:30 and asleep until the bell rang the next morning to do it all over again.
In the exhaustion of the last two weeks, I've managed to fit God into a few moments, in the car ride to work and back, in the shower, while stirring a pot on the stove. But every moment I was multi tasking. Not that He won't or can't make use of that time, but it's me who finds herself easily annoyed, discontent, frustrated, but with no direct reason. That's the effects of nibbling on crumbs and scraps for 2 weeks while busy doing other things. I am HANGRY.
I sit this morning in my favorite spot, the front porch at 5:30 a.m. with a steamy cup of coffee, my bible, pen and paper, and I await the sunrise, and with it, a word from God. And as is always true when I make space for Him, God shows up with a piping hot loaf of refreshment, straight out of the oven, just for me. I just need to remind myself that that extra 30 minutes of sleep has not yet made me feel refreshed, and force myself out of bed, and onto my porch, where I'm met with the very thing that has over and over again proven to give me more energy for the day than any half hour of sleep ever has.
And the gift list once again starts flowing....
Like a theif in the daylight, the busyness of life stole my promise right out from under me. I look around and realize that gone is my decision to live intentionally, with my eyes open and searching for the everyday gifts, writing then down, and speaking of them- to live a habit of grace - filled thankfulness.
Dang.
Going back to a busy job after 2 months of healing, had me done by 3pm, but adding the daily responsibilities of wife-dom and house - running, had me crashed on the couch by 8:30 and asleep until the bell rang the next morning to do it all over again.
In the exhaustion of the last two weeks, I've managed to fit God into a few moments, in the car ride to work and back, in the shower, while stirring a pot on the stove. But every moment I was multi tasking. Not that He won't or can't make use of that time, but it's me who finds herself easily annoyed, discontent, frustrated, but with no direct reason. That's the effects of nibbling on crumbs and scraps for 2 weeks while busy doing other things. I am HANGRY.
I sit this morning in my favorite spot, the front porch at 5:30 a.m. with a steamy cup of coffee, my bible, pen and paper, and I await the sunrise, and with it, a word from God. And as is always true when I make space for Him, God shows up with a piping hot loaf of refreshment, straight out of the oven, just for me. I just need to remind myself that that extra 30 minutes of sleep has not yet made me feel refreshed, and force myself out of bed, and onto my porch, where I'm met with the very thing that has over and over again proven to give me more energy for the day than any half hour of sleep ever has.
And the gift list once again starts flowing....

No comments:
Post a Comment